Ordering Transcripts

If you have enrolled in courses with UMUC since the Fall 2008 term you must login to MyUMUC to request your transcript online. Once you have entered the student portal, please follow these steps to the online form:

Student Center > drop down menu (in Academics box) > Transcript: View Unofficial (free) OR Transcript: Request Official (payment needed), next:

  1. Select UMUC Institution
  2. Select Processing Options
  3. If Degree Confer Date or Grade Posting is selected, then next choose the term
  4. Indicate Quantity
  5. Click Send to My Address or Enter Recipient Address
  6. If you select Send to My Address, choose the Address Type
  7. If the transcript is not being sent to you, click Edit Address
  8. Fill in the address information and click Next, if the transcript is being sent to an APO address, the country selected should be the United States
  9. Under Electronic Payments/Purchases fill in the payment amount and click Pay charges
  10. Select Payment Method
  11. Select Continue to Make Payment
  12. Enter Account Information
  13. Click Continue, then Submit

Once the payment has been accepted the transcript request is complete.

TIP: You must select the submit button ONLY ONE TIME to avoid multiple charges! If you click on the submit button more than once, you are ordering multiple copies of your transcript and will be charged each time you select submit.

Each official transcript ordered from any UMUC campus costs $10, except those sent to another Maryland public two- or four-year institution. Transcripts sent to another Maryland public two- or four-year institution will be issued free of charge. Rush transcripts cost $25. Overnight rush transcripts cost an additional $18.95.

Use the paper Transcript Request Form when ordering rush or overnight rush transcripts, or if you do not have a student portal account in MyUMUC. Please complete, print out, and submit the form via fax or mail using the information provided. You should also use this form if you have not enrolled with UMUC since Fall 2008 and to order free unofficial transcripts sent by fax, mail, or e-mail.

Please note that if you are not ordering your transcript via the MyUMUC student portal, your paper request will not be processed until payment is received. If you are paying with a check or money order, mail your payment with your request. If you prefer to fax the request, then you will need to pay via credit card by listing your credit card information on the form.

The degree will not appear on any transcript issued prior to the degree date even if all requirements have been completed.

Transcripts for BSU Graduate Students

Prior to graduation and until an official diploma is received from BSU, transcript requests should be submitted through MyUMUC. All transcript requests after receipt of the official BSU diploma must be sent directly to BSU at the following address:
Bowie State University
Office of the Registrar
Overseas Programs
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, Maryland 20715-9465
Fax: +1-301-860-3438
Forms for requesting transcripts from BSU.

A transcript is an official record of a student's work. The following pages will tell you more about this important record and help you obtain copies when needed.